I am a hot mess. This house is a hot mess. I am not historic. This house has a long history of ownership by some important people in New Hampshire history.
You should read the wikipedia page about it.
This was an accidental double exposure with my Lomo’Instant instax camera and although I usually hate double exposures I am ok with this one.
A couple of weeks ago I spent a luxurious weekend in Manchester, VT being elegant and feeding fish at Orvis. I also popped over to Dorset, VT to be elegant in the Dorset Marble Quarry.
Rutland is Vermont’s second city that is largely ignored because it is poor and lacks Burlington’s veneer of respectability. I actually like Rutland more than Burlington and here is why:
Reasons To Visit Rutland
- Anna Nicole Smith filmed her last movie in Rutland. It was about aliens.
- The marble quarries in West Rutland are amazing.
- The city was once growing faster than Burlington and you can see it in the grandeur of the buildings downtown.
- They have Amtrak service to NYC via Albany, NY.
- Gil’s subs are amazing and there are several other classic sandwich shops in Rutland.
- The Holiday Inn has a great complimentary breakfast buffet.
- You can easily get to Manchester, VT and Killington from Rutland.
- Rutland has a real fake salt cave you can pay money to sit in.
- The Rutland Farmer’s Market is AMAZING.
Rutland has a lot of cool public murals. This piece of public art was honoring the work of Christo and Jeanne-Claude who happen to be two of my favorite artists.