Rutland is Vermont’s second city that is largely ignored because it is poor and lacks Burlington’s veneer of respectability. I actually like Rutland more than Burlington and here is why:
Reasons To Visit Rutland
- Anna Nicole Smith filmed her last movie in Rutland. It was about aliens.
- The marble quarries in West Rutland are amazing.
- The city was once growing faster than Burlington and you can see it in the grandeur of the buildings downtown.
- They have Amtrak service to NYC via Albany, NY.
- Gil’s subs are amazing and there are several other classic sandwich shops in Rutland.
- The Holiday Inn has a great complimentary breakfast buffet.
- You can easily get to Manchester, VT and Killington from Rutland.
- Rutland has a real fake salt cave you can pay money to sit in.
- The Rutland Farmer’s Market is AMAZING.